Since it’s summer grilling season for many people, I thought I would share a healthy and tasty recipe for your next cookout!
This recipe is not vegan, but can easily be made so by substituting the chicken for “extra firm tofu” or extra vegetables like chunks of zucchini or eggplant, etc. Just keep the seasonings the same!
Grilled Chicken Fajita Kebabs
- 16 oz. organic boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into squares (3-4 medium breasts) OR tofu or vegetables of choice, if you want this meat free!
- 3 large bell peppers, chopped into squares (any color)
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped into squares
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat grill or oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare veggies by slicing into squares. Transfer into a gallon-sized bag and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Shake.
- Prepare chicken breast by slicing into squares (make sure they’re all around the same size) and transfer into another gallon-sized bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices to create your rub.
- Add half of the spice mixture to the vegetables and the other half to the chicken. Shake well and let sit for 10 minutes (place chicken in the fridge).
- Place peppers, onion, and chicken onto skewers (alternating between the three). Repeat.
- Lay a piece of tin foil onto the grill and spray with coconut oil spray (or other healthy cooking spray).
- Set kebabs on top of tin foil and grill for around 15 minutes rotating kebabs every five minutes.
- Remove from heat and squeeze on lime juice and sprinkle on fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
*This recipe makes around 8-10 skewers