It’s that time of year when we like a little treat and everything is pumpkin flavored again!
So I thought I would share a recipe that I’ve been making about every other week lately. It’s a good protein snack, filling and organic. It’s another one of those things that I can have for breakfast or dinner with my green smoothie and be totally satisfied…..okay, maybe I want two instead of just one, lol, but that’s because they’re so good! 😉
If you try them let me know what you think!
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- 6 pieces Dave’s Killer Bread White Bread Done Right
- 3 eggs, large
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- optional: mini chocolate chips
- First preheat oven to 350ºF. Then, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray them with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, almond milk, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup.
- Create cubes of bread by first slicing off the crust. Then, slice or tear into little squares.
- Dip bread into egg mixture making sure everything is coated well.
- Fill each muffin tin with cubed bread. Optional: sprinkle on some mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350º for 21-23 minutes.
*You can probably try this with other organic bread varieties, I typically eat wheat free/sprouted grain breads but I made the exception for these muffins.
*If you’re vegan or don’t want to use eggs for some other reason, you can use flax or chia “egg” instead.
*You can also add chopped walnuts along with the chocolate chips, I did this for a pan and it was even more filling!